When you step onto the field for an OSSL match, you not only represent your team and club, but you represent the fierce, bold nature of the people of Ohio. The beautiful game is the epicenter of our focus, affording players the opportunity to spread their wings and rise to the challenge. We believe that challenges create learning opportunities that stay with you, long after you hang up your cleats.
Striking a balance between exclusivity and accessibility, as well as sporting merit through promotion/relegation, OSSL provides a gateway for teams (clubs) to reach premier regional and national competitions such as the Great Lakes Conference and National League. Your place in OSSL is earned, never given.
Focused on providing players with the highest level of play possible. Driven by the desire to see athletes #TakeFlight.
This Is State League.
Application & Entry Guidelines
- Teams apply and are ranked based upon State Cup, OSSL, GLC, Presidents Cup, and other OSA/USYS league results from the previous season.
- For the 2021-22 Season only, Ohio South teams who teams who finish in the top 4 of OHS State Cup U11 9v9 division from the previous season are automatically accepted into OSSL U12 Premier Division. Ohio North teams who finish in the top 4 of OHN State Cup U11 9v9 division from the previous season are automatically accepted into OSSL U12 Premier I Division.
- For all other seasons, teams who finish in the top 8 of OSA State Cup U11 9v9 division from the previous season are automatically accepted into OSSL U12 Premier I Division.
- Teams who finish in the top 4 of State Cup AND top 4 of OSSL Premier Division from the previous season are automatically accepted into OSSL Premier Division.
- At a minimum, the last–place team in Premier I Division may be relegated to Premier II Divisionand the first–place team in Premier II Division may be promoted to Premier I Division. The last–place team in Premier II Divisionmay be relegated out of OSSL.
- The OSSL Commissioner selects remaining available spots in each age group based upon individual team history which may include participation in other OSA/USYS events.
Brackets, Team Contacts, & Calendar
2021-22 Season Calendar
2021-22 Season Dates
- U12 – U14 boys and girls season runs from August 6, 2021 – June 5, 2022
- U15 – U18/19 boys and girls season runs from November 5, 2021 – June 5, 2022
Required Items For EACH Game
- Laminated, approved US Youth Soccer player/coachpasses
- Give to Referee
- Passes are not needed for players/coaches whose name/color picture are on the game day roster
- OSSL Game Day Roster
- Give to referee
- For U13-U18/19teams, no more than 18 players may play and be marked as active on the Game Day Roster
- For U12 teams, no more than 16 players may play and be marked as active on the Game Day Roster
- To create and print the game day roster, see “Game Day Roster” below
- WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE GAME, THE HOME TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EMAILING BOTH TEAM’S GAME DAY ROSTERS SIGNED BY THE REFEREES TO BERNIE TELMANIK.
- Email: email@example.com
- Copy of Approved Official OSSL Team Roster
- To be given to opposing team upon request
- Any changes need to be approved by OSSL during business hours 24 hours prior to game kick-off
- Requests sent Mondays or Fridays must be emailed to either Pam (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gina (email@example.com) as Jen (firstname.lastname@example.org) works Tues-Thur 9am-2pm.
- Money for Referees
- U12: $118/game ($59 per team) breaking down into $46 Head Referee and $36 each Assistant Referee
- U13-U14: $140/game ($70 per team) breaking down into $60 Head Referee and $40 each Assistant Referee
- U15-U16: $162/game ($81 per team) breaking down into $70 Head Referee and $46 each Assistant Referee
- U17-U18/20: $180/game ($90 per team) breaking down into $80 Head Referee and $50 each Assistant Referee
Game Day Roster
Each team is responsible to bring an OSSL Game Day Roster to each game. Game Day Rosters are printed from the Team Page Access on the OSSL website and are available 4 days prior to the game. Once printed, please:
- Review the Game Day Roster to ensure all players are listed.
- Review the Game Day Roster to ensure all OSSL club pass players are listed. Teams must add club pass players on their roster in Demosphere and OSSL has to approve them prior to the players showing up on the game day roster.
- Double check for U12 teams, a max of 16 players are listed and for U13-U18/19teams, a max of 18 players are listed to play in the game.
- The referees are to sign each team’s Game Day Roster and write the appropriate carding code next to any player who receives a card during a game.
Schedules and Scores
Games are self scheduled and played at the designated home team’s field, unless otherwise specified. The home team will update the date, time, and field in the OSSL scheduling system. Home teams are responsible to secure the field (at their cost), schedule referees through the OSSL Referee Assignors, collect both teams’ game paperwork, and email the paperwork to OSSL. For specified games with an excessive travel distance, teams will meet at a neutral location and split the field cost. Each team is responsible for printing the game day roster for each game and having the referee sign it.
2021-22 OSSL Possible Scheduling Conflict Dates
Please review the dates below before scheduling games for the 2021-22 OSSL Season. Teams can only schedule a game on an ODP weekend as long as ODP players are allowed to attend their commitments and if both coaches mutually agree.
August 6 OSSL U12-U14 Season Begins
September 11-12 GLC play weekend
September 18-19 GLC play weekend
September 25-26 GLC play weekend
October 2-3 GLC play weekend
November 6-7 ODP weekend
November 5 OSSL U15-U18/19 Season Begins
November 13-14 ODP weekend
November 20-21 ODP weekend
March 26-27 ODP weekend
April 23-24 GLC play weekend
April 30-May 1 GLC play weekend
May 6-8 GLC play weekend
May/June State Cup TBD
June 5 OSSL U12-U18/19 Last Day of Scheduled Games
Home teams are responsible to secure the referees by emailing the OSSL Referee Assignors, see list posted below. Choose the Referee Assignor based upon THE LOCATION OF THE FIELD. Do not assume referees have been assigned until you receive a confirmation email from the Referee Assignor.
|Cincinnati Area||Cleveland Area||Columbus Area||Dayton Area||Findlay-Lima Area||Toledo Area|
|Rick Brizzolara||Jason Francois||Aaron Mitchell||Jim Obrien||Randy Molyet||Aaron Wolfe|
|(513) 236-4867||(402) 612-1540||(614) 256-6761||(937) 733-9584||(419) 420-4810||(419) 340-6220|
|OSSL Age Group||Center/AR/AR||Total||With Center Ref Only|
|U12 (9v9)||$46/$36/$36||$118 /game ($59 per team)||$78 (each team pays $39)|
|U13-U14||$60/$40/$40||$140 /game ($70 per team)||$100 (each team pays $50)|
|U15-U16||$70/$46/$46||$162 /game ($81 per team)||$120 (each team pays $60)|
|U17-U18/19||$80/$50/$50||$180 /game ($90 per team)||$140 (each team pays $70)|
- Referee payment for games canceled due to weather
- Game is terminated anytime after play has begun.
- Officials are to receive the normal game fees.
- Teams and referees are present and game is canceled due to weather or field closure prior to the start of the game.
- Officials are to receive the normal game fees.
- Game is terminated anytime after play has begun.
- Scheduling Requests by OSSL Teams
- Referee requests must be submitted to referee assignors a minimum of seven days in advance of their game for OSSL teams. For example, if your game is on the eighth of the month, you will need to schedule the referees by the first of the month.
- Requests made less than seven but more than two days prior to a game will be subject to a scheduling fee as listed below:
- Six days prior to game: $25
- Five days prior to game: $50
- Four days prior to game: $75
- Three days prior to game: $100
- Only minor changes, as defined below, to initial requests will be accepted within 48 hours of a match and not incur a scheduling fee.
- Field change of less than or equal to 10 miles
- Time change of less than or equal to 30 minutes
- Referee requests within 48 hours of a match will NOT be accepted.
Rules and Forms
State League Rules
The OSSL Coaches Committee is an advisory group consisting of coaches from various clubs within Ohio. The purpose of the committee is to provide guidance in the development and growth of the Ohio Soccer State League.
|Mike Aubry||GTFC Presidentemail@example.com|
|Jeannie Borda||OGFC Coach & Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Scott Bower||CUP Boys Technical Directoremail@example.com|
|Costa Kalorides||Club Ohio General Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brian LeFevre||Mercury Directoremail@example.com|
|Mo Razack||State Cup Vice Chair & DSX Coachfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Coaching License Requirement
At least one coach on a team’s OSSL roster must hold at the minimum a U.S. Soccer Provisional “D” Coaching License or NSCAA National Diploma as the minimum coaching qualification. The coach meeting this requirement must be rostered on the team at the time of OSSL carding.
Club Pass (Guest) Roster
- Tournament Form (to count tourney game as an OSSL game)
Archived Scores and Standings
|Premier Division||First Division|
|GU18||WCSA 2003G Elite||Cincinnati Elite FC G02 Elite|
|GU17||Sporting Queen City G04 I||Club Ohio 04G Green I|
|GU16||CUSA G05 Elite||CWSC G05 Acad Elite|
|GU15||CUSA G06 Elite||CWSC G06 Acad Elite|
|GU14||CUP 07G Black||Impact GFC G07 Blue|
|GU13||CUP 08G North I||Mercury G08 Red|
|GU12||CUP 09G North I||Columbus United G09 Lions|
|BU18||02 Club CUP Elite||Sporting Columbus 2003|
|BU17||CUP 04B Gold||CUP 04B Black|
|BU16||OGFC 05 Elite||KHA B05 Blue|
|BU15||KHA B06 Red||DPA Cobras 06B Showcase|
|BU14||Barca Acad CLB Blue 07B|
|BU13||Columbus United B08 Lions||Club Ohio Dayton 08B Green|
|BU12||CUP 09B Gold||TFA B09 Elite|
Scores & Standings
No champions due to Covid and incomplete season
Scores & Standings
|GU18||Ohio Galaxies FC 01 Elite|
|GU17||Ohio Galaxies FC 02 Elite|
|GU16||CUP 03 Gold|
|GU15||Barcelona United Academy|
|GU14||CUP 05 Gold|
|GU13||TFA 06 Elite|
|GU12||CUP 07 North I|
|BU18||Ohio Galaxies FC 01 Elite|
|BU17||Cincinnati Elite FC B02 Elite|
|BU16||TFA B03 Elite|
|BU15||Barca Academy Columbus Messi 04|
|BU14||CUP Pre-DA 05|
|BU13||Blast FC 06 Red|
|BU12||Barcelona United Pre-Academy 07B|
|GU17||Warren County Elite U17|
|GU16||Crew SC Elite 2002|
|GU15||WCSA 03G Elite|
|GU14||TFA G04 Elite|
|GU12||CUP 06 North|
|BU18||Metro FC Rapids|
|BU17||KHA 01 Red|
|BU15||TFA Elite B03|
|BU14||Alliance Cincinnati Elite|
|BU13||Crew SC Pre-Academy 2005|
|BU12||Blast FC 06 Red|
|GU19/20||Club Ohio Green|
|GU18||Ohio Galaxies FC 99 Elite|
|GU17||Alliance Cincinnati Elite Gold|
|GU16||Alliance Cincinnati Elite Gold|
|GU15||Alliance Cincinnati Elite Gold|
|GU14||CUP 03 Gold|
|GU13||CUP 04 Gold|
|BU18||Ohio Galaxies FC 99 Elite|
|BU17||Alliance Cincinnati Elite|
|BU16||KHA 01 Red|
|GU18/19||Ohio Galaxies FC 97 Elite|
|GU17||WCSA 98 Elite|
|GU16||Ohio Galaxies FC 99 Elite|
|GU15||Classics Eagles Red|
|BU18/19||Ohio Galaxies FC 97 Elite|
|BU17||Ohio Premier Green|
|BU16||Ohio Galaxies FC 99 Elite|
|BU15||Classics Eagles Red 00/01|
|BU14||Classics Eagles Red 01/02|
|GU18/19||Classics Eagles Red 96-97|
|GU17||Warren County SC G97 Elite|
|GU16||Club Ohio Cincinnati|
|GU15||Warren County SC G99 Elite|
|BU18/19||Ohio Galaxies FC 96 Premier Black|
|BU16||Club Ohio U16B Green|
|BU15||OGFC 99 Elite|
|BU14||KHA B00 Red|
|BU13||CUP Gold B01/02|
|GU16||Crew Juniors Gold|
|BU17||Ohio Galaxy Elite|
|BU16||Tri-State FA Elite|
|BU13||FC42 Lime Thomas|
|GU18||Cincinnati Soccer Alliance Elite|
|GU17||Ohio Galaxies FC 95 Elite|
|GU16||CUP Crew Jrs Gold|
|GU15||Cincinnati Soccer Alliance 97 Elite|
|GU14||Warren County United G98 Elite|
|GU13||CUP Crew Jrs. Gold|
|BU18||Ohio Elite Soccer Academy|
|BU17||Classics Eagles Red|
|BU16||Ohio Galaxies FC 96 Elite|
|BU15||Ohio Galaxies FC 97 Elite|
|BU14||Blast FC Red|
|BU13||OP Eagles Dublin Green I|
State League FAQ
Teams will apply directly for an age group. OSSL will rank all applicants based on league/State Cup results from the previous season. Teams will then be placed in the appropriate division based on the overall ranking of all applicants. Teams can request to be considered only for Premier II.
A player who holds a current US Youth member pass may guest play on team(s) from within the same US Youth Soccer affiliated club, as approved by OSSL. OSSL players can guest play in different age groups and between divisions within the same age group. Teams are restricted to a maximum of 3 OSSL Premier I Division players guest playing in the same age group’s Premier II Division.
A player may not be listed on a team roster for more than one OSSL team in the same age group and division. A player may transfer to another OSSL team in a different division within the same age group.
OSSL does not allow trapped players to play in the U14 age division. All players per team must be age appropriate. Players may play up in age groups but not the reverse.
Games can be rescheduled without penalty due to inclement weather per OSSL Rule 5.12.
Games may also be rescheduled without penalty in cases where two teams playing each other in a tournament have a previously scheduled OSSL game against each other. Teams must follow OSSL Rule 5.10(l) or 5.10(m) in these cases and submit the Tournament Form to OSSL for preapproval before the game can be rescheduled. In instances where games are rescheduled due to weather or tournament play as noted above, the home team AND organization canceling the fields must notify the Referee Assignor and OSSL within 24 hours. The home team is responsible for submitting new game logistics to OSSL. Furthermore, the rescheduled game must take place by the end of the season.
In instances where both teams agree to change a game date finalized in the OSYSA system, teams must follow OSSL Rule 5.10(i).
- Teams may reschedule a game due to tournament play. Teams must fill out and submit to OSSL a Tournament Form PRIOR to the game. The form can be found on the OSSL website.
- The form requires the Tournament Director’s and Tournament Referee Coordinator’s signatures, as well as, both teams’ coach or administrator signatures. By signing the form, the tournament agrees to follow OSSL Rules concerning the number of active players per game, guest players, and match length.
The OSSL patch only needs to be attached to one uniform. It can be attached to either the uniform shirt or shorts. The exact location of the patch is up to the team but needs to be consistent among all players. Additional patches can be purchased for $1 per patch.
Patches can be ironed and/or stitched on. The patch manufacturer suggests adding a few stitches even if the patches are ironed on.
- Garment should be clean and freshly laundered (including new items).
- Set iron to “Cotton” 400 degrees for five minutes.
- Thoroughly iron area of garment where patch will be placed.
- Place patch on garment, embroidery facing up.
- Place cloth or light towel over patch and using a slow circular motion, press firmly for 30 seconds.
- Turn garment inside out and iron the back to the patch for 30 seconds.
- Let cool for one minute. If edge of patch can be lifter, repeat step 6.
For the club pass policy and instructions, please visit http://9nw.100.myftpupload.com/state-league/?rulesforms.
If you have any questions about the Ohio Soccer State League, please contact Jen Schuppe at email@example.com or 513-576-9555 or 1-800-267-9721.
Jen’s office hours are Tuesday – Thursdays 9am – 2pm. Please call the office with questions when Jen is unavailable.
For online account questions, please call Demosphere at 800-949-9440, Option 2.