When you step onto the field for an OSSL match, you not only represent your team and club, but you represent the fierce, bold nature of the people of Ohio. The beautiful game is the epicenter of our focus, affording players the opportunity to spread their wings and rise to the challenge. We believe that challenges create learning opportunities that stay with you, long after you hang up your cleats.
Striking a balance between exclusivity and accessibility, as well as sporting merit through promotion/relegation, OSSL provides a gateway for teams (clubs) to reach premier regional and national competitions such as the Great Lakes Conference and National League. Your place in OSSL is earned, never given.
Focused on providing players with the highest level of play possible. Driven by the desire to see athletes #TakeFlight.
This Is State League.
Application & Entry Guidelines
- Teams apply and are ranked based upon State Cup, OSSL, GLC, Presidents Cup, and other OSA/USYS league results from the previous season.
- For the 2021-22 Season only, Ohio South teams who teams who finish in the top 4 of OHS State Cup U11 9v9 division from the previous season are automatically accepted into OSSL U12 Premier Division. Ohio North teams who finish in the top 4 of OHN State Cup U11 9v9 division from the previous season are automatically accepted into OSSL U12 Premier I Division.
- For all other seasons, teams who finish in the top 8 of OSA State Cup U11 9v9 division from the previous season are automatically accepted into OSSL U12 Premier I Division.
- Teams who finish in the top 4 of State Cup AND top 4 of OSSL Premier Division from the previous season are automatically accepted into OSSL Premier Division.
- At a minimum, the last–place team in Premier I Division may be relegated to Premier II Divisionand the first–place team in Premier II Division may be promoted to Premier I Division. The last–place team in Premier II Divisionmay be relegated out of OSSL.
- The OSSL Commissioner selects remaining available spots in each age group based upon individual team history which may include participation in other OSA/USYS events.
Brackets, Team Contacts, & Calendar
- U12 – U14 boys and girls season runs from August 5, 2022 – June 4, 2023
- U15 – U18/19 boys and girls season runs from November 4, 2022 – June 4, 2023
Required Items For EACH Game
- Laminated, approved US Youth Soccer player/coach passes
- Give to Referee
- Passes are not needed for players/coaches whose name/color picture are on the game day roster
- OSSL Game Day Roster
- Give to referee
- For U13-U18/19 teams, no more than 18 players may play and be marked as active on the Game Day Roster
- For U12 teams, no more than 16 players may play and be marked as active on the Game Day Roster
- To create and print the game day roster, see “Game Day Roster” below
- WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE GAME, THE HOME TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EMAILING BOTH TEAM’S GAME DAY ROSTERS SIGNED BY THE REFEREES TO OSSL. OSSL will input the score in Demosphere.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy of Approved Official OSSL Team Roster
- Money for Referees
- U12: $118/game ($59 per team) breaking down into $46 Head Referee and $36 each Assistant Referee
- U13-U14: $140/game ($70 per team) breaking down into $60 Head Referee and $40 each Assistant Referee
- U15-U16: $162/game ($81 per team) breaking down into $70 Head Referee and $46 each Assistant Referee
- U17-U18/20: $180/game ($90 per team) breaking down into $80 Head Referee and $50 each Assistant Referee
Game Day Roster
Each team is responsible to bring an OSSL Game Day Roster to each game. Game Day Rosters are printed from the Team Page Access on the OSSL website and are available 4 days prior to the game. Once printed, please:
- Review the Game Day Roster to ensure all players are listed.
- Review the Game Day Roster to ensure all OSSL club pass players are listed. Teams must add club pass players on their roster in Demosphere and OSSL has to approve them prior to the players showing up on the game day roster.
- Double check for U12 teams, a max of 16 players are listed and for U13-U18/19 teams, a max of 18 players are listed to play in the game.
- The referees are to sign each team’s Game Day Roster and write the appropriate carding code next to any player who receives a card during a game.
Schedules and Scores
Games are self-scheduled and played at the designated home team’s field, unless otherwise specified. The home team will update the date, time, and field in the OSSL scheduling system (during times the schedule is unlocked). Home teams are responsible to secure the field (at their cost), notify the OSSL Referee Assignors and OSSL on any game changes the week of the game, collect both teams’ game paperwork, and email the paperwork to OSSL. OSSL will record the scores in Demosphere. Each team is responsible for printing the game day roster for each game and having the referee sign it.
Team Page Access Login User Guide **OSSL does not follow guest player or score reporting instructions**
OSSL GAME SCHEDULING FORM (use this form to schedule/update game info when the schedule is locked)
2022-23 OSSL Possible Scheduling Conflict Dates
Please review the dates below before scheduling games for the 2022-23 OSSL Season. Teams can only schedule a game on an ODP weekend as long as ODP players are allowed to attend their commitments and if both coaches mutually agree.
August 5 OSSL U12-U14 Season Begins
September 10-11 GLC play weekend
September 17-18 GLC play weekend
September 24-25 GLC play weekend
November 5-6 ODP weekend
November 4 OSSL U15-U18/19 Season Begins
November 12-13 ODP weekend
November 19-20 ODP weekend
November 24 Thanksgiving
March 25-26 ODP weekend
April 9 Easter
April 22-23 GLC play weekend
April 29-30 GLC play weekend
May 12-13 GLC play weekend
May 27-29 State Cup Round Robin
June 2-4 State Cup Semis/Finals
June 4 OSSL U12-U18/19 Last Day of Scheduled Games
OSSL schedules referees based on the game information in Demosphere. Home teams are responsible to email the OSSL Referee Assignor and copy OSSL, if the game is changed or canceled the week of the game. Choose the Referee Assignor based upon THE LOCATION OF THE FIELD. Teams in the Ohio South area are to check the referee status a week prior to their game by clicking below on Checking Referee Status for a Game.
- Referee Red Card Report
- Scheduling Games & Referees Instructions
- Checking Referee Status for a Game (only available for games in the Ohio South area)
|Cincinnati Area||Cleveland Area||Columbus Area||Dayton Area||Findlay-Lima Area||Toledo Area|
|Rick Brizzolara||Jon Handwerk||Michelle Turner||Bob Holwadel||Randy Molyet||Aaron Wolfe|
|(513) 236-4867||(330)-635-9418||(937) 971-8141||(513) 305-0407||(419) 420-4810||(419) 340-6220|
|OSSL Age Group||Center/AR/AR||Total||With Center Ref Only|
|U12 (9v9)||$46/$36/$36||$118 /game ($59 per team)||$78 (each team pays $39)|
|U13-U14||$60/$40/$40||$140 /game ($70 per team)||$100 (each team pays $50)|
|U15-U16||$70/$46/$46||$162 /game ($81 per team)||$120 (each team pays $60)|
|U17-U18/19||$80/$50/$50||$180 /game ($90 per team)||$140 (each team pays $70)|
- Referee payment for games canceled due to weather
- Game is terminated anytime after play has begun.
- Officials are to receive the normal game fees.
- Teams and referees are present and game is canceled due to weather or field closure prior to the start of the game.
- Officials are to receive the normal game fees.
- Game is terminated anytime after play has begun.
- Scheduling Requests by OSSL Teams
- Game information must be submitted to OSSL a minimum of seven days in advance of their game. For example, if your game is on the seventh of the month, you will need to submit game information by the first of the month.
- Game information submissions made less than seven but more than two days prior to a game will be subject to a scheduling fee as listed below:
- Six days prior to game: $25
- Five days prior to game: $50
- Four days prior to game: $75
- Three days prior to game: $100
- Only minor changes, as defined below, to initial requests will be accepted within 48 hours of a match and not incur a scheduling fee.
- Field change of less than or equal to 10 miles
- Time change of less than or equal to 30 minutes
- Referee requests within 48 hours of a match will NOT be accepted.
Rules and Forms
State League Rules
OSSL Coach/Manager Reference
- OSSL Scheduling & Game Reference Guide
- New Coach Risk Instructions (8/1/22)
- Returning Coach Risk Instructions (8/1/22)
The OSSL Coaches Committee is an advisory group consisting of coaches from various clubs within Ohio. The purpose of the committee is to provide guidance in the development and growth of the Ohio Soccer State League.
|Mike Aubry||GTFC Presidentemail@example.com|
|Jeannie Borda||OGFC Coach & Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Scott Bower||CUP Boys Technical Directoremail@example.com|
|Costa Kalorides||Club Ohio General Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brian LeFevre||Mercury Directoremail@example.com|
|Mo Razack||State Cup Vice Chair & DSX Coachfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Coaching License Requirement
At least one coach on a team’s OSSL roster must hold at the minimum a U.S. Soccer Provisional “D” Coaching License or NSCAA National Diploma as the minimum coaching qualification. The coach meeting this requirement must be rostered on the team at the time of OSSL carding.
Club Pass (Guest) Policy
- Tournament Form (to count tourney game as an OSSL game)
Archived Scores and Standings
|Premier Division||First Division|
|GU18/19||KHA North G03 Red||PRIDE SC U19G Copa|
|GU17||Sporting Queen City G05 I||Lakota FC G05 Black|
|GU16||GTFC Impact G06 Premier||DPA Cobras 06G Showcase|
|GU15||GTFC Impact G07 Premier||Sporting Queen City G07 I|
|GU14||GTFC Impact G08 Premier||Northwest FC 08G Orange|
|GU13||Club Ohio Dayton 09G Elite||Lakota FC G09 Black|
|GU12||CUP 10G North I||TCFC North G10 Black|
|BU18/19||Cincinnati Elite FC B04||Lakota FC B04 Black|
|BU17||Cincinnati Elite FC B05||DFA 05B Elite|
|BU16||Ohio Galaxies FC 06B Elite||KHA South B06 Blue|
|BU15||Ohio Galaxies FC 07B Elite||Cincinnati Elite FC B07|
|BU14||Columbus United B08 Lions||Cincinnati Elite FC B08|
|BU13||Sporting Columbus B09 I||DSX Orange 09B|
|BU12||CUP 10B Future||KHA North B10 Red|
Scores & Standings
|Premier Division||First Division|
|GU18||WCSA 2003G Elite||Cincinnati Elite FC G02 Elite|
|GU17||Sporting Queen City G04 I||Club Ohio 04G Green I|
|GU16||CUSA G05 Elite||CWSC G05 Acad Elite|
|GU15||CUSA G06 Elite||CWSC G06 Acad Elite|
|GU14||CUP 07G Black||Impact GFC G07 Blue|
|GU13||CUP 08G North I||Mercury G08 Red|
|GU12||CUP 09G North I||Columbus United G09 Lions|
|BU18||02 Club CUP Elite||Sporting Columbus 2003|
|BU17||CUP 04B Gold||CUP 04B Black|
|BU16||OGFC 05 Elite||KHA B05 Blue|
|BU15||KHA B06 Red||DPA Cobras 06B Showcase|
|BU14||Barca Acad CLB Blue 07B|
|BU13||Columbus United B08 Lions||Club Ohio Dayton 08B Green|
|BU12||CUP 09B Gold||TFA B09 Elite|
Scores & Standings
No champions due to Covid and incomplete season
Scores & Standings
|GU18||Ohio Galaxies FC 01 Elite|
|GU17||Ohio Galaxies FC 02 Elite|
|GU16||CUP 03 Gold|
|GU15||Barcelona United Academy|
|GU14||CUP 05 Gold|
|GU13||TFA 06 Elite|
|GU12||CUP 07 North I|
|BU18||Ohio Galaxies FC 01 Elite|
|BU17||Cincinnati Elite FC B02 Elite|
|BU16||TFA B03 Elite|
|BU15||Barca Academy Columbus Messi 04|
|BU14||CUP Pre-DA 05|
|BU13||Blast FC 06 Red|
|BU12||Barcelona United Pre-Academy 07B|
|GU17||Warren County Elite U17|
|GU16||Crew SC Elite 2002|
|GU15||WCSA 03G Elite|
|GU14||TFA G04 Elite|
|GU12||CUP 06 North|
|BU18||Metro FC Rapids|
|BU17||KHA 01 Red|
|BU15||TFA Elite B03|
|BU14||Alliance Cincinnati Elite|
|BU13||Crew SC Pre-Academy 2005|
|BU12||Blast FC 06 Red|
|GU19/20||Club Ohio Green|
|GU18||Ohio Galaxies FC 99 Elite|
|GU17||Alliance Cincinnati Elite Gold|
|GU16||Alliance Cincinnati Elite Gold|
|GU15||Alliance Cincinnati Elite Gold|
|GU14||CUP 03 Gold|
|GU13||CUP 04 Gold|
|BU18||Ohio Galaxies FC 99 Elite|
|BU17||Alliance Cincinnati Elite|
|BU16||KHA 01 Red|
|GU18/19||Ohio Galaxies FC 97 Elite|
|GU17||WCSA 98 Elite|
|GU16||Ohio Galaxies FC 99 Elite|
|GU15||Classics Eagles Red|
|BU18/19||Ohio Galaxies FC 97 Elite|
|BU17||Ohio Premier Green|
|BU16||Ohio Galaxies FC 99 Elite|
|BU15||Classics Eagles Red 00/01|
|BU14||Classics Eagles Red 01/02|
|GU18/19||Classics Eagles Red 96-97|
|GU17||Warren County SC G97 Elite|
|GU16||Club Ohio Cincinnati|
|GU15||Warren County SC G99 Elite|
|BU18/19||Ohio Galaxies FC 96 Premier Black|
|BU16||Club Ohio U16B Green|
|BU15||OGFC 99 Elite|
|BU14||KHA B00 Red|
|BU13||CUP Gold B01/02|
|GU16||Crew Juniors Gold|
|BU17||Ohio Galaxy Elite|
|BU16||Tri-State FA Elite|
|BU13||FC42 Lime Thomas|
|GU18||Cincinnati Soccer Alliance Elite|
|GU17||Ohio Galaxies FC 95 Elite|
|GU16||CUP Crew Jrs Gold|
|GU15||Cincinnati Soccer Alliance 97 Elite|
|GU14||Warren County United G98 Elite|
|GU13||CUP Crew Jrs. Gold|
|BU18||Ohio Elite Soccer Academy|
|BU17||Classics Eagles Red|
|BU16||Ohio Galaxies FC 96 Elite|
|BU15||Ohio Galaxies FC 97 Elite|
|BU14||Blast FC Red|
|BU13||OP Eagles Dublin Green I|
State League FAQ
Teams will apply directly for an age group. OSSL will rank all applicants based on league/State Cup results from the previous season. Teams will then be placed in the appropriate division based on the overall ranking of all applicants. Teams can request to be considered only for Premier II.
A player who holds a current US Youth member pass may guest play on team(s) from within the same US Youth Soccer affiliated club, as approved by OSSL. OSSL players can guest play in different age groups and between divisions within the same age group. Teams are restricted to a maximum of 3 OSSL Premier I Division players guest playing in the same age group’s Premier II Division.
A player may not be listed on a team roster for more than one OSSL team in the same age group and division. A player may transfer to another OSSL team in a different division within the same age group.
OSSL does not allow trapped players to play in the U14 age division. All players per team must be age appropriate. Players may play up in age groups but not the reverse.
Games can be rescheduled without penalty due to inclement weather per OSSL Rule 5.12.
Games may also be rescheduled without penalty in cases where two teams playing each other in a tournament have a previously scheduled OSSL game against each other. Teams must follow OSSL Rule 5.10(l) or 5.10(m) in these cases and submit the Tournament Form to OSSL for preapproval before the game can be rescheduled.
In instances where games are rescheduled due to weather, the home team must notify the Referee Assignor as soon as possible to cancel the referees and OSSL within 24 hours. In instances where games are rescheduled due to tournament play, the home team must notify the Referee Assignor (if the team is canceling the game within the week of play) and OSSL within 24 hours. The home team is responsible for submitting new game logistics to OSSL. Furthermore, the rescheduled game must take place by the end of the season.
In instances where both teams agree to change a game date finalized in the OSYSA system, teams must follow OSSL Rule 5.10(i).
- Teams may reschedule a game without penalty due to tournament play.
- Teams must fill out and submit to OSSL a Tournament Form PRIOR to the game. The form can be found on the OSSL website.
- The form requires the Tournament Director’s and Tournament Referee Coordinator’s signatures, as well as, both teams’ coach or administrator signatures. By signing the form, the tournament agrees to follow OSSL Rules concerning the number of active players per game, guest players, and match length.
The OSSL patch only needs to be attached to one uniform. It can be attached to either the uniform shirt or shorts. The exact location of the patch is up to the team but needs to be consistent among all players. Additional patches can be purchased for $1 per patch.
Patches can be ironed and/or stitched on. The patch manufacturer suggests adding a few stitches even if the patches are ironed on.
- Garment should be clean and freshly laundered (including new items).
- Set iron to “Cotton” 400 degrees for five minutes.
- Thoroughly iron area of garment where patch will be placed.
- Place patch on garment, embroidery facing up.
- Place cloth or light towel over patch and using a slow circular motion, press firmly for 30 seconds.
- Turn garment inside out and iron the back to the patch for 30 seconds.
- Let cool for one minute. If edge of patch can be lifted, repeat step 6.
For the club pass policy and instructions, go to the OSSL website under Rules & Forms and click on the Club Pass (Guest) Policy.
If you have any questions about the Ohio Soccer State League, please contact:
- Jen Schuppe | email@example.com or 513-576-9555 or 1-800-267-9721
- Deb Cowan | firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-576-9555 or 1-800-267-9721
Jen’s office hours are Tuesday – Thursdays 9am – 2pm. Deb’s office hours are Monday’s & Friday’s, with various days in between. Please contact Deb or call the office with questions when Jen is unavailable.
For online account questions, please call OSA Member Services at 330-667-0850 or Demosphere at 800-949-9440, Option 2.