Registration to Ohio Soccer Association is a vital and necessary part of the membership process. We pride ourselves on knowing who our members are in order to communicate effectively and cater to your needs, as well as provide a host of other benefits for your organization.
OSA utilizes Demosphere as our registration platform. For all coaches, league/club staff, trainers, board members and other identified adults needing to complete the Safe Soccer (risk) training (required), we have also partnered with Player’s Health, who’s platform satisfies all state and federal Safe Soccer requirements. Demosphere and Player’s Health have partnered together to allow information to flow between systems.
All members will utilize the Demosphere system in some fashion. The requirements can vary by program type.
Please see the sections on the left for more information on successfully completing your registration.
Annual Membership Form
Membership in Ohio Soccer Association consists of both leagues and clubs, and is renewed on an annual basis. Members gain voting rights for board elections, among other things.
Discover the many benefits of being a member of OSA on our Become A Member page.
Or, submit your Annual Membership Form here.
Need approval for Permission to Travel, Guest Player Permissions or Notifications to Attend Another Organization’s Event?
- The following online forms are completed by an Admin/Team Staff using their own Demosphere household account.
- You will be prompted to “Register as a Participant/Player” to submit the request on behalf of the team. We recommend then selecting (or creating if necessary) yourself as the ‘Household Member to Register’ (Step 2.1).
- During the online process, you will be prompted to download/print a copy of your e-approval before completing your request.
- Application to Host a Tournament or Games Involving Foreign Teams (complete form and return to the OSA office for approval, the OSA office will forward to the US Soccer Federation)
- USSF Tournament Guidelines
Non-OSA Carded Tournament Guest Player Registration
Please use the link below to obtain a tournament guest player card. A player cannot receive a tournament guest player card if the player has already been registered to a OSA-carded team during the current seasonal year.
After the family completes out the player registration, they will be contacted by an OSA Member Services team member within two business days.
The cost of the card is $21.
Please use or recover an existing account you may already have in order to register. If no account exists, you should then proceed to register new. Click here for instructions to recover an existing account.
Tournament Only Team Registration
Non-Demosphere Users: For clubs/teams who are not currently in the Demosphere system.
- Email Bernie at email@example.com with the following information:
- Number of Teams;
- Team Name(s);
- Team Age Group(s);
- Team Gender(s);
- Names, gender, email, and DOB of all coaches,
- Names of players per team; and
- Indicate whether you would like the carding fee ($21/player) collected during the individual player registration or to remit one team payment.
- This information will be used to set up your registration. A link for parents to register their player(s) will then be emailed to you within two (2) business days.
- Instructions for coaches to complete the Safe Soccer (risk) training will also be included.
- Parents should be prepared to upload proof of birth and a headshot photo (color, no hats, sunglasses, animals or with other people).
- After all players have registered, the team will be rostered in Demosphere.
- Rosters and cards will be printed ONLY after ALL players are verified, coaches have completed their risk, and payment has been received.
Current Demosphere Users: For clubs/teams who are currently in the Demosphere system.
- Create each team and ensure that the team(s) are setup as a separate team(s) in your seasonal grouping
- Add a seasonal sync for your team(s) to ‘Tournament Teams Only’.
- Notify Bernie at firstname.lastname@example.org that you have synced your team(s).
- Rosters and cards can be printed ONLY after ALL players are verified, coaches have completed their risk, and payment has been received.
- You will need to coordinate the payment of carding fees to OSA ($21/player) before they will be approved to print.
Out Of State Permission
- OSA Out of State Player Permission Form – Player wishing to play soccer in another state for the 2021-2022 seasonal year.
- OSA Out of State Relocation Permission Form – Player relocating to another state. New form coming soon.
- OSA Out of State Tournament Guest Player Permission Form – OSA carded player wishing to guest play with a team from another state.
Players Born Outside of USA
- Player International Clearance Process [U.S. Soccer]
- International Games Process [U.S. Soccer]
Transfer & Voluntary Quit
The following forms should only be used if directed to do so by your carding league. Please check with your league for the correct transfer/VQ process.
Our goal is to make registration to Ohio Soccer Association as simple as possible, while assisting you in complying with the necessary state and federal requirements. As such, there are multiple ways to get your information to us. All player and coach registrations are handled via our registration partner, Demosphere.
- Using Demosphere for your registration and syncing to OSA
- Uploading data into Demosphere
Via Sync (If Collecting Registrations in Demosphere)
Leagues must establish a sync in order for OSA to view player and coach information and generate your invoice.
- During your event set up, under Season Settings, if you scroll down to the bottom, you’ll see a box called Seasonal Data Synchronization.
- Select the green ‘+ Add a Seasonal Sync’ button.
- In the window that opens, select the following:
- Organization: Ohio Soccer Association
- Scope: 2021-2022
- Season: Leave alone! Should say ‘No Season Linked’.
- Check the top checkbox to select your entire season.
- Enter from the dropdown the required fields in each age group as marked.
- Hit Save.
- All players must be assigned to a team for the invoice to generate correctly even if your league does not assign teams. You can simply place all players on the same team or create one team per age group.
(Please note: the video instructs you to select a Season. DO NOT DO THIS AS A REC LEAGUE.)
If you are collecting coach registrations in Demosphere, please make sure to change their registration status from ‘PENDING REVIEW’ to ‘APPROVED’ in your system.
Demosphere Registration Benefit: OSA automatically includes the following required forms electronically for players who register directly in Demosphere: OSA Player Registration Form, Lindsay’s Law, and Concussion Information Sheet.
Via Upload (If Not Collecting Registrations in Demosphere)Recreational leagues who are not collecting registrations in Demosphere are required to:
- Email your player upload files to email@example.com.
- OR upload your player data files directly into the State side of Demosphere via the following templates: IMPORTANT: You must place all players on a team in your import for the invoice to generate correctly even if your league does not assign teams. You can simply place all players on the same team or create one team per age group.
- Complete the online OSA Safe Soccer Certification Form to certify your recreational league has collected the following required OSA forms for the season:
Once you have synced or uploaded your players/team(s), your invoice will be emailed to you on a quarterly basis and can be accessed in the State side of Demosphere.
- October 15
- January 15
- April 15
- July 15
It is VERY important that you submit you player/team data to OSA to establish membership and insurance coverage in the event we receive any claims.
Please make sure you have at least one Club Official listed in the State side of Demosphere that has ‘Invoices’ permissions checked to receive your invoice.
Competitive Registration & Carding
Player registration for carding to a competitive team occurs via the club at which the player wishes to participate. Cards are issued by the competitive league a team participates in.
All clubs participating in OSA member competitive leagues in the 2020-21 Season have been set up with a Demosphere system. If you are a new club that needs to be set up, please contact our Member Services team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-667-0850.
Registration in Demosphere occurs through events in your club system. An event is what your players, coaches, board members, etc will register to. Every event in your system can have waivers added during registration – those events syncing to OSA for carding or insurance purposes must contain these four OSA waivers:
- OSA Player Registration Form
- OSA Lindsay’s Law
- OSA Concussion Information Sheet
- OSA Player Infectious Disease Waiver
- Parents should be prepared to upload a copy of the players birth certificate and a current color headshot of their child; with no animals, hats, sunglasses, or other people in it.
- Parents will complete the required waivers during registration to the club.
- Coaches should be prepared to upload a current color headshot of themselves, with no animals, hats, sunglasses, or other people in it.
- In order to be carded, coaches must complete their Safe Soccer training in Player’s Health.
Clubs will also:
- Create teams and assign players/coaches to teams in their system.
- Sync teams in Demosphere to the league that will do their carding, so that players and coaches can be verified and the team may be processed.
- Teams participating in multiple leagues should sync to each league, but only one league will provide cards. Please communicate with each league to determine who this is. Players and coaches will only be carded by a league after they have met the requirements outlined in the above sections.
Coaches and other identified adults are responsible for completing their Safe Soccer (risk) training. For a guide on how to do this, visit our Walkthrough page [link].
Additional information and guides can be found at the OSA Demosphere Member Support Page.
A log of emails from our Member Services team, as well as key guides and videos, can be found by selecting the ‘OSA Registration Communications’ section on the left side of this page.
Via the chat function in league or club system
Contact the OSA Member Services Team
Here is a log of all emails sent by our Member Services team to league and club admins. Please ensure that you allow emails from email@example.com in order to receive all OSA communications.
- 12.16.21: Holiday Break, December Invoicing, Demosphere TeamNet Sunsetting
- 11.19.21: Thanksgiving, SafeSport Updates
- 10.22.21: Adult Athlete Requirements Revisited
- 10.8.21: Adult Athlete Requirements, Spring Carding
- 9.23.21: Risk Expiration Notifications & Other Reminders
- 9.17.21: Team & Player Permission Forms Clarification, Annual Awards
- 9.9.21: Adult Participants, Fall Player Fees, COVID Reminder
- 9.3.21: Demosphere Errors, Tournament Sanctioning
- 8.27.21: One-On-One Interactions, COI’s, COVID
- 8.20.21: Reporting Abuse, Certificates of Insurance and More
- 8.13.21: Safe Soccer (Risk) Common Issues/Questions
- 8.5.21: Team & Player Forms Updated, Transfer/Voluntary Quits, and More
- 7.30.21: Rule Changes, Minor Coaches, Upcoming Rec Webinars
- 7.21.21: Safe Soccer Risk Initiation Update
- 7.15.21: Safe Soccer Re-launch, Background Check Codes, More
- 7.2.21: Important Risk Update
- 6.30.21: Syncing, Risk and More
- 5.26.21: Safe Soccer (Risk) Reminder, Adding/Updating Admin Users and More
- 5.12.21: Membership, Updating Org Officials & FAQ’s
- 4.26.21: Welcome to the 2021-22 Season
Recreational Only Communications
For a step-by-step guide for coaches, trainers or volunteers to complete Safe Soccer training (risk), click the button below:
The following links contain information specific to potential hiccups most commonly encountered while using Demosphere.
- GUIDE: How To Change Your SafeSport Account Email
- GUIDE: Completing Risk As A Coach or Other Adult
- VIDEO: How To Sync
- GUIDE [ADMIN]: Coach and Other Team Staff Registration & Risk Workflow
- GUIDE [ADMIN]: The State System & Prep For Carding
- GUIDE [ADMIN]: How To Sync A Team Playing In More Than One OSA League (use only if directed)
- GUIDE [ADMIN]: How To Print A Roster (check with your league on how to get cards)
Player and Coach Fees
Player and coach registration fees for Ohio Soccer Association are as follows:
Competitive and Recreational Coach
Director of Coaching Pass
Age Group Chart
When determining the age group for a season, the year the season ends should be used for determining the birth year. Also note that the format “Age followed by and under” really means that age and younger. For example, 2013 birth year in the 2021-22 seasonal year would be listed as under-9s.