Registration to Ohio Soccer Association is a vital and necessary part of the membership process. We pride ourselves on knowing who our members are in order to communicate effectively and cater to your needs, as well as provide a host of other benefits for your organization.
OSA utilizes Demosphere as our registration platform. For all coaches, league/club staff, trainers, board members and other identified adults needing to complete the Safe Soccer (risk) training (required), we have also partnered with Player’s Health, who’s platform satisfies all state and federal Safe Soccer requirements. Demosphere and Player’s Health have partnered together to allow information to flow between systems.
All members will utilize the Demosphere system in some fashion. The requirements can vary by program type.
Please see the sections on the left for more information on successfully completing your registration.
Annual Membership Form
Membership in Ohio Soccer Association consists of both leagues and clubs, and is renewed on an annual basis. Members gain voting rights for board elections, among other things.
Discover the many benefits of being a member of OSA on our Become A Member page.
Or, submit your Annual Membership Form here.
Need approval for Permit to Travel, Guest Player Rosters or Notifications to Attend Another Organization’s Event?
- Application to Host a Tournament or Games Involving Foreign Teams (complete form and return to the OSA office for approval, the OSA office will forward to the US Soccer Federation)
- USSF Tournament Guidelines
Non-OSA Carded Tournament Guest Player
Please use the link below to obtain a tournament guest player card. A player cannot receive a tournament guest player card if the player has already been registered to a OSA-carded team during the current seasonal year. The link is not to be used for team registration.
After the family fills out the player registration information, they will be contacted by an OSA Member Services team member within two business days.
The cost of the card is $21.
We recommend you try to recover an existing account you may already have in order to register. If no account exists, you should then proceed to register new. Click here for instructions to recover an existing account.
Out Of State Permission
- OSA Online Out of State Permission Form – Player wishing to play soccer in another state for the 2021-2022 seasonal year.
- OSA Online Out of State Relocation Permission Form – Player relocating to another state. New form coming soon.
- OSA Online Out of State Guest Player Permission Form – Player wishing to guest play with a team out of state. Coming soon.
Players Born Outside of USA
- Player International Clearance Process [U.S. Soccer]
- International Games Process [U.S. Soccer]
Our goal is to make registration to Ohio Soccer Association as simple as possible, while assisting you in meeting the necessary state and federal requirements. As such, there are multiple ways to get your information to us.
- In-system via establishing a sync to OSA
All player and coach registration is handled via our registration partner, Demosphere.
Via Sync (If Collecting Registration in Demosphere)
Leagues must establish a sync in order for OSA to view player and coach information, and generate your invoice.
- During your event set up, under Season Settings, if you scroll down to the bottom you’ll see a box called Seasonal Data Synchronization.
- Select the green ‘+ Add a Seasonal Sync’ button.
- In the window that opens, select the following:
- Organization: Ohio Soccer Association
- Scope: 2021-2022
- Season: Leave alone! Should say ‘No Season Linked’.
- Check the top checkbox to select your entire season.
- Enter from the dropdown the required fields in each age group as marked.
- Hit Save.
(Please note: the video instructs you to select a Season. DO NOT DO THIS AS A REC LEAGUE.)
If you are collecting coach registrations in Demosphere, please make sure to change their registration status from ‘PENDING REVIEW’ to ‘APPROVED’ in your system.
Via Upload (If Not Collecting Registration in Demosphere)
Recreational leagues not collecting registrations in Demosphere are required to:
- Upload player and coach information into the State side of Demosphere via the following templates:
IMPORTANT: You must place all players on a team in your [season or import] in order for the invoice to populate correctly. Even if your league does not have ‘teams’ in actuality, for the purposes of the system and billing you will need to place them on one. This could be as simple as placing all kids on the same team, or having one team per age group – up to you.
- Confirm you are in full Safe Soccer (risk) compliance by submitting the Certification Form.
Once you have uploaded or synced your players/team(s), your invoice can be accessed in the State side of Demosphere, and will be sent to you as well on a quarterly basis.
Competitive Registration & Carding
Player registration for carding to a competitive team occurs via the club at which the player wishes to participate. Cards are issued by the competitive league a team participates in.
All clubs participating in OSA member competitive leagues in the 2020-21 Season have been set up with a Demosphere system. If you are a new club that needs to be set up, please contact our Member Services team: email@example.com or 330-667-0850.
Registration in Demosphere occurs through events in your club system. An event is what your players, coaches, board members, etc will register to. Every event in your system can have waivers added during registration – those events syncing to OSA for carding or insurance purposes must contain these four OSA waivers:
- OSA Player Registration Form
- OSA Lindsay’s Law
- OSA Concussion Information Sheet
- OSA Player Infectious Disease Waiver
- Parents should be prepared to upload a copy of the players birth certificate and a current color headshot of their child; with no animals, hats, sunglasses, or other people in it.
- Parents will complete the required waivers during registration to the club.
- Coaches should be prepared to upload a current color headshot of themselves, with no animals, hats, sunglasses, or other people in it.
- In order to be carded, coaches must complete their Safe Soccer training in Player’s Health.
Clubs will also:
- Create teams and assign players/coaches to teams in their system.
- Sync teams in Demosphere to the league that will do their carding, so that players and coaches can be verified and the team may be processed.
- Teams participating in multiple leagues should sync to each league, but only one league will provide cards. Please communicate with each league to determine who this is. Players and coaches will only be carded by a league after they have met the requirements outlined in the above sections.
Coaches and other identified adults are responsible for completing their Safe Soccer (risk) training. For a guide on how to do this, visit our Walkthrough page [link].
Additional information and guides can be found at the OSA Demosphere Member Support Page.
A log of emails from our Member Services team, as well as key guides and videos, can be found by selecting the ‘OSA Registration Communications’ section on the left side of this page.
Via the chat function in league or club system
Contact the OSA Member Services Team
Here is a log of all emails sent by our Member Services team to league and club admins regarding specific Demosphere information. Please ensure that you allow emails from firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive all OSA communications.
- 7.30.21: Rule Changes, Minor Coaches, Upcoming Rec Webinars
- 7.21.21: Safe Soccer Risk Initiation Update
- 7.2.21: Important Risk Update
- 6.30.21: Syncing, Risk and More
- 5.26.21: Safe Soccer (Risk) Reminder, Adding/Updating Admin Users and More
- 5.12.21: Membership, Updating Org Officials & FAQ’s
- 4.26.21: Welcome to the 2021-22 Season
For a step-by-step guide for coaches, trainers or volunteers to complete Safe Soccer training (risk), click the button below:
The following links contain information specific to potential hiccups most commonly encountered while using Demosphere.
- GUIDE: How To Change Your SafeSport Account Email
- GUIDE: Completing Risk As A Coach or Other Adult
- VIDEO: How To Sync
- GUIDE [ADMIN]: Coach and Other Team Staff Registration & Risk Workflow
- GUIDE [ADMIN]: The State System & Prep For Carding
- GUIDE [ADMIN]: How To Sync A Team Playing In More Than One OSA League (use only if directed)
- GUIDE [ADMIN]: How To Print A Roster (check with your league on how to get cards)
Player and Coach Fees
Player and coach registration fees for Ohio Soccer Association are as follows:
Competitive and Recreational Coach
Director of Coaching Pass
Age Group Chart
When determining the age group for a season, the year the season ends should be used for determining the birth year. Also note that the format “Age followed by and under” really means that age and younger. For example, 2013 birth year in the 2021-22 seasonal year would be listed as under-9s.