2021 State Cup Dates
May 14-16 Round Robin
May 21-23 Semis and Finals
June 5 and 6 Rain Date
June 25-30 NCS Regionals (St. Louis, MO)
July 20-25 NCS Nationals (Bradenton-Sarasota, FL)
The State Cup brings together the highest quality teams in Ohio to decide who will be crowned the State Champion.
It is also the official qualifying tournament in Ohio for the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series (NCS), sending the champions to the Midwest Regionals. Should teams become regional champions, they are then qualified to participate in the National Championships.
Ages: U11 – U19, Boys and Girls
Timeframe: State Cup is held over the course of two weekends in May – round robin (1) and semi’s/finals (2). Teams typically go into round robin weekend having played one group game already (self-schedule).
- All current National League and Regional League teams must play in State Cup.
- All teams planning to apply for National League or Regional League the following season must play in State Cup.
- Presidents Cup and Governors Cup teams will not be eligible for National League or Regional League consideration.
- All eligible teams must play in a sanctioned US Youth or OSA League for the current seasonal year.
Recommendations: This event is focused on those teams seeking to play in the highest level of State competition and the potential to advance onto NCS Regionals.
Important Rules: Roster freeze dates, club pass players allowed, Five Previously Rostered Player Rule, play-in games will be used to achieve even brackets, teams may not play up.
Applications open in October and close in mid-November.
More information about the State Cup can be accessed using the menu to the left.
Coming December 2021
Locations, Field Maps & Weather
Please subscribe to text alerts for all last minute field changes, weather delays, and sometimes even traffic re-routes for major accidents we hear about!
Text STATECUPRR to 81411 to enroll in Text Alerts.
Please note: no pets allowed at Ohio Soccer Association state tournament events.
We regularly send updates and information to club admins and teams involved in our State Cup event. Below is a list of them for reference:
Forms Needed Prior to State Cup Game
All teams will submit the items below through SportsForms a minimum of 5 business days prior to your first State Cup game (this would be your Preliminary game if you have one or your self schedule Round Robin game).
Event rosters are frozen 3 business days prior to your first game, so if you have any changes between the date you submit and the freeze date, please contact the Ohio Soccer Association office for procedures to edit your event roster.
We highly recommend you submit the event roster at least 7 business days prior in case we have to reject the roster due to missing or incomplete info. Once we have received your submission, we will approve the Event Roster through SportsForms and you will receive an email to go in and sign it. Please sign immediately upon receipt as we cannot email game cards until the event roster is signed. We also will not be able to make any roster changes while it is in limbo awaiting your signature.
- Event Roster – will be submitted electronically through SportsForms
- Team Player Verification Form – will be submitted electronically through SportsForms. You will only need to sign again if you have players who need to serve penalties at future games.)
- Approved League Roster for your team – will be attached to your SportsForms submission
- Approved League Roster(s) of Club Pass Players (if applicable) – will be attached to your SportsForms submission. Do not submit an approved club pass roster. This needs to be the approved league roster the player is originally carded to.
Forms Needed at State Cup Games
- Game Card – A copy of the OSA game card which includes both teams’ event rosters will be emailed to the teams 1-2 business days prior to their self schedule games. Both teams must print a copy and bring to the game. Referees will then use one copy to mark which players are game active and record the game results. (We require both teams to bring a copy just in case a team forgets or it gets ruined by the weather.) OSA will provide the game cards directly to the referees for the Round Robin scheduled weekend and the Semis/Finals weekend.
- Team Cards for Players and Coaches
After Self Schedule Game(s):
The winning team should retrieve the signed game card from the referee and scan into the OSA office at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of game time. Please include the gender, age division, and both team names in the subject line of the email sent.
Subject Line Example: Boys U15 Yellow Stars vs Blue Moons State Cup Game Results
State Cup assignors must be used. You cannot use club or league assignors for State Cup games. You will submit a ref request form for any new requests or for updates to an existing request. Please use the forms below.
Club pass players may be used for State Cup. Players must be rostered to a team within your club that is an Ohio South/USYS carded team. Players may only be on one event roster for State Cup and/or Presidents Cup. They may not play for any other team in either event. If you wish to use a Club pass player, they must be included on your event roster that is turned in to the State office before the kickoff of the first State Cup game.
Please also see the National Championship Series Playing Rules Rule 221 Section 2 here,
- Preliminary games will be played in single elimination format in order to get down to 16 teams or into brackets of 4 if less than 16 teams enter in an age group. These preliminary games are self scheduled between the home and visiting team.
- Once Preliminary games are completed, teams will be seeded into brackets of 4 and will play a Round Robin against the other three teams in their bracket. One of these round robin games will be self scheduled, and the other two will be scheduled by Ohio South during the Round Robin weekends. (All three of these games must be played regardless of whether they will affect the outcome for advancement.)
- The Semis and Finals games will be in single elimination format.
|BU10 (Jr. Cup)||Canton United Force 11B||Anthony Wayne United B11 Blue|
|BU12 (Jr. Cup)||Team Challenger FC South B09 Gold||Perrysburg SC B09 Gold|
|BU13||Perrysburg SC B08 Gold||Shaker YSA PFC 08B|
|BU14||FC Evolution (Pennine United B07 White)||GTFC Impact B07 Grey|
|BU15||FC Evolution (Pennine United B06 Red)||Team Challenger FC South B06 Gold|
|BU16||FC Evolution (Pennine United B05 White)||Team Challenger FC North B05 Black|
|BU17||Team Challenger FC North B04 Black||Team Challenger FC South B04 Gold|
|GU10 (Jr. Cup)||Internationals 11/12G Ertz||Anthony Wayne United G11 Blue|
|GU12 (Jr. Cup)||Internationals 09G Lavelle||GTFC Impact G09 Premier|
|GU13||Internationals 08G||GTFC Impact G08 Premier|
|GU14||Cleveland Force SC 07G GLC||GTFC Impact G07 Premier|
|GU15||GTFC Impact G06 Premier||Cleveland Force SC 06G GLC|
|GU16||FC Evolution 05GC GLC||GTFC Impact G05 Premier|
|GU17||FC Evolution (Pennine G04)||FC Evolution 04GW GLC|
|GU18||FC Evolution 03GW NL||GTFC Impact G03 Premier|
|BU11||Club Ohio 2010B Aris||CUP 10B King|
|BU12||CUP 09B Gold||Sporting Columbus 2009 I|
|BU13||CUP 08B Black||Columbus United B08 Lions|
|BU14||Barcelona United Academy 07B||Barca Academy CLB Blue 07B|
|BU15||Metro FC B06 Rapids||TFA B06 Elite|
|BU16||Columbus United B05 Lions||CUP 05B Black|
|BU17||CUP 04B Gold||Cincinnati Elite FC B04 Elite|
|BU18||CUP 03B Gold||Columbus United B03 Lions|
|BU19/20||CUP 20 Gold||CUP Elite 2002|
|GU11||Mercury G10 Red||CUP 10G North I|
|GU12||CULM 09G Atletico Madrid||CUP 09G North I|
|GU13||TFA G08 Elite||Mercury G08 Red|
|GU14||TFA G07 Elite||Club Ohio Dayton 07G Green|
|GU15||CUP 06G Gold||Club Ohio 06G Green I|
|GU16||CUP 05G Gold||TFA G05 Elite|
|GU17||WCSA 04G Elite||TFA G04 Elite|
|GU18||TFA G03 Elite||CUP 03G NL|
|GU19||Ohio Galaxies FC 02G Elite||CUP 02G Gold|
Cancelled due to COVID.
|BU11||Columbus United 08A Boys||Club Ohio 2008B Green 1|
|BU12||WCSA 2007B Elite||Barcelona United Pre- Acad|
|BU13||CUP 06 Pre-DA||Blast FC 06 Red|
|BU14||Columbus United Boys 05A||BSA OCA 05 Boys Elite|
|BU15||Cincinnati Elite FC||Ohio Galaxies FC 04 Elite|
|BU16||Club Ohio 2003B Green 1||TFA B03 Elite|
|BU17||Club Ohio 2002 Green 1||CUP 02 Gold|
|BU18||CUP 01 Gold||Club Ohio 2001B Green 1|
|BU19||OP N.L.||CUP Gold|
|GU11||TFA Elite||CUP 08 North 1|
|GU12||CUP North 2007 1||CUP 07G South|
|GU13||CUP 06 South||TFA Elite 06|
|GU14||CUP 05 Gold||KHA Red 05|
|GU15||CDA Premier 04||CUP 04 Gold|
|GU16||Ohio Galaxies FC 03 Elite||CDA Premier 03|
|GU17||Ohio Galaxies FC 02 Elite||CUP 02 Gold|
|GU18||TFA Elite G01||CDA Premier 01|
|GU19||CDA Premier 00||Ohio Galaxies FC 00 Elite|
|BU11||OP GREEN||CUP 07 PRE-DA|
|BU12||OP GREEN||BLAST FC 06 RED|
|BU13||CUP 05 PRE-DA||CLASSICS EAGLES RED|
|BU14||ALLIANCE CINCINNATI GOLD||OCA 04 ELITE|
|BU15||CE RED 03||TFA ELITE|
|BU16||CLUB OHIO 2002 GREEN 1||CUP 02 GOLD|
|BU17||CLUB OHIO 2001 GREEN 1||CUP 01 GOLD|
|BU18||OP N.L.||PRIDE SC 00B PREMIER|
|BU19||CUP 99 GOLD||OHIO GALAXIES 99 ELITE|
|GU11||CUP 2007 GIRLS NORTH 1||TFA ELITE 2007|
|GU12||CUP 06 NORTH||CUP 06 SOUTH|
|GU13||CUP 05 NORTH||TFA ELITE|
|GU14||CUP 04 GOLD||WCSA 2004G ELITE|
|GU15||WCSA GIRLS 03 ELITE||CDA PREMIER 03|
|GU16||CDA PREMIER 02||TFA G02 ELITE|
|GU17||CDA PREMIER 01||TFA ELITE 01|
|GU18||CE RED 00||CDA PREMIER 00|
|GU19||CDA PREMIER 99||OHIO GALAXIES FC 99 ELITE|