BECOME SAFE SOCCER CERTIFIED
Not sure how to complete your Safe Soccer (formerly called risk) certification? You’re in the right place!
The Safe Soccer certification is the process by which any coach, trainer, board member, league/club staff or other identified adult in Ohio meets the criteria set forth by the State and Federal Government, U.S. Soccer, US Youth Soccer and Ohio Soccer Association to improve player safety.
This walk-along guide will assist you in completing the Safe Soccer certification process through our partners Demosphere and Player’s Health.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Here’s what you need in order to become Safe Soccer approved.
- Time. To complete everything for the first time, you should plan for 2-3 hours.
- A computer (laptop or desktop). Tablet and phone not recommended.
- Firefox or Chrome web browser.
- An email from Ohio Soccer Association prompting you to begin or;
- Confirmation from your league or club of the email for your account. If you are accessing via the link in the email you received, no confirmation is needed.
- A digital copy (usually PDF) of any of the required training that you may have already taken outside of our process (i.e. SafeSport or concussion training). MUST be current!
- If you are a recreational coach, a code from your league is required to negate the cost of the background check.
The Four Requirements
Your Safe Soccer approval is centered around four requirements, which you will complete in Player’s Health.
- Background check: valid for two years from date of completion
- Lindsay’s Law: renewed annually
- Concussion Training: either the CDC Heads Up or NFHS concussion training is accepted. Taken outside of Player’s Health and then uploaded in. Valid for two years from date of completion.
- SafeSport: renewed annually from the last date of course completion. If completed in Feb 2020, it must be renewed in Feb 2021.
Do you need to return to your Player’s Health account?
Click here to login to Demosphere and then hop over to PH